Thursday, September 24, 2026

The Flight Plan

 

I’d guess that if a butterfly had to file a flight plan before takeoff, if may resemble an EKG printout, full of ups and downs, possibly giving some a cause for concern.

But then, why fly in a straight line when you can travel in poetry?  Not setting a destination but simply following a whim.

We have placed all kinds of barriers that prevent us from experiencing that kind of freedom.  Our language ties us to a specific land, our money keeps us in check along the way, passports and border crossings restrict us from any ups and downs.  We are expected to know ahead of time where we are going and when we’ll return. 

I have seen hundreds of butterflies at the same time but never bunched up in a tour group.  

And maybe this isn’t a fair comparison – us to butterflies.  They never take luggage, line up in a queue, or stare at their phone instead of looking up to see where they are.

 

OK, so forget I said anything.

 


 

 

 

 

ZC

 

 

No comments: