Thursday, September 24, 2026

The Finnish Line Keeps Moving

 

No matter how much I practice or how hard I try, I doubt I’ll be able to outrun my destiny.   I have even bought high-quality shoes, with sure-grip technology but to no avail. 

I am slow in the turns and become winded beyond the third marker.  Do not put your money on me to win.  Showing up is my achievement.  I don’t even pose for photographs anymore.  My name is on the board only as a curtesy by management. 

As I see it, my destiny is perhaps a unique one, which may be the part preventing me from catching and passing it.  My friends who have passed on, still remain in my address book.  What I believe that says about me is that I am dragging one foot in the past.  I am reluctant to press on, feeling I may be doing them a disservice by advancing only myself.

I find it hard to judge my behavior against The Norm, for that definition remains elusive.

 

 

 

 

ZC

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: