Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Only as good as my word.

 

It seemed to me to be a little more than a slight breeze.  The palm trees were bent over and my bar-b-q rolled across the deck and slammed into the rail on the other side, and that’s not what I’d call a light-weight bar-b-q.

A few of the shingles blew off of my neighbor’s roof and one of them stuck in my lawn, like it was a tomahawk or something.  All of the birds were gone from the neighborhood, and I didn’t see any of the usual cats or dogs, either.   It was like there was something going on.

Betty stuck her head out of the door and asked if I didn’t think it was time to come in.  I explained that I had promised Scooter, I would help him with this kite, and so I better stick to it.

 

 



        ZC

No comments: