Sunday, September 27, 2026

45 RPM

 

Not sure if I would have slowed down or not.  At the time I didn’t realize I was driving away from the 60’s.   What pocket change I did have was enough to fill the gas tank, and the only thing in front of me was adventure.

Now that I’m here, looking into the rearview mirror I can see just how fast I was going.  What was new and exciting has turned into a blur.  Little did I know the construction sites I was passing were the building blocks of memories.

The hills and valleys seemed much steeper at the time.  In fact, everything had an importance to it that in hindsight made no difference to anything.  Only the music of the day remained with me through time and travel. and I can still hear it, even though now I'm at 33 1/3.




Z. Corwin






 

 


No comments: