Saturday, September 5, 2026

A Message from Froggy

 

Minding my own business

just walking down the road

a rabbit twitched his nose at me

and said, “Listen to the toad.”

 

Of course I stopped abruptly

Just what did Froggy want?

What is so important

to interrupt my little jaunt.

 

“I’m sorry Mr. Bunny,
I can’t speak at all

in frog.

 

“Even if I listened well

whenever Froggy spoke –

All these human ears would hear

is Croak, Croak, Croak."

 

Now that seems rather funny
for you’re understanding me

and all I speak is Bunny

don’t you see?


The rabbit twitched  at me again

his little nose of pink,

“You’ll understand the toad he said

just not the way you think.”

 

“For every creature’s language

is shaped by how they live –

the Froggy speaks in ripples

through the hush

the Lilly gives.

 

You with human footsteps

and pockets full of keys

listen with your thinking

instead of with the breeze.”

 

He tapped his furry foot once

a little woodland cue,

“Simply stand there quietly

and the Frog will talk to you.”

 

So I stood there on the roadside

letting all my noise unwind,

Then suddenly the croaking

had a meaning tucked inside.

 

Not words like Bunny English

Not sentences or prose –

but something round and simple

as the way the river flows,

 

The Toad said, “Life is busy

you hurry much more than

you should,

Pause and take a little breath

and the world will treat

you good.”

 

Then Bunny nodded proudly

as if I’d learned a brand new skill

then hopped away contented

down the sunlit little hill.

 

 

 

ZC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: