Monday, September 21, 2026

Always at Dusk

 

Trust me, you don’t want to be out on the lake at dusk.  Just last week our neighbor was out in his little fishing boat.  The thing is not much bigger than a canoe.   While he was sitting out there, just watching his bobber, hoping for a nibble, he heard a strange noise, like it was right next to him.  It really spooked him and so he reeled his line in and came into shore. 

After dragging his boat up onto the shore he noticed fingerprints on the outside of the boat.  They looked to be fresh, like some kids would write, Wash Me on a dirty car.  But none of the prints were there when he slipped the boat into the water.  How did they get there and from where?  It was as if someone beneath the surface of the lake was trying to pull themselves up. 

I would have thought Ken would have been smarter than to go out at dusk.  I mean, the eerie stories have circulated around this neighborhood since I’ve lived here.  I’m almost positive he would have heard them all by now.

It’s like the lake at dusk is no longer just a lake.  It becomes a portal to who-knows-where.



to be continued







No comments: