It is the very edge of the river, where the water and the ground blend, making it muddy and difficult to traverse. Once in the river the movement flows easily, as is the movement on solid ground. It is only that transition that fights with footing and balance.
Such is the case between this life and the next. It is the transition we tend to find difficult. It is murky and keeps us off balance. Rarely are we prepared to navigate that unknown stretch between the two.
It is only natural to fear the unknown, to be concerned when the familiar becomes strange, when our reality has rearranged the chairs in the classroom overnight, removing our answers while filling the blackboard with new questions written in a foreign language.
Everyone arrives
off-balance, unprepared, even though we always knew that from where we came it
was all short-term parking. It was right
on your ticket stub.
Sorry for the metaphor mix-up. Sometime I get to chasing a thought and then find myself out of breath and I forget if I am wearing tennis shoes or slippers. In this unfortunate incident I had on slippers, causing me, of course to slip from riverbanks to classrooms, then over to parking structures. It's all a mess. I'll try to do better in the future.
Z. Corwin
1 comment:
I love the analogy! It's perfect!! AND SO TRUE!
Post a Comment