Sunday, September 1, 2024

The regulars know her name

 

 

I love bookstores.  I like the way they look and smell.  I enjoy the kind of people they attract and of course each book is an adventure all its own.

I see each post in this blog as an individual adventure.  It can be as simple as a picture, yet I can read into it the back story, or see the artistry of it and yes, even the feel of it.  I could easily spend hours, even days in a bookstore.

Libraries are a different animal.  Sure, there is still the wide assortment of adventures, but the feel of the place is somehow different.  Bookstores have owners.  There is a personal commitment that permeates each shelf, the floorboards, and the stuffed chairs.  And there is always a cat, appearing to sleep but keeping a twitching ear on alert with a gentle purr as the tinkle of the bell suspended over the front door suggests maybe someone has brought her a treat.















No comments: