Sunday, September 22, 2024

About Zobostic

 

Imagine this page is black instead of white.  The letters are white and not black.  Such a simple change can influence what I write.  Looking at the same thing but seeing it differently can make all the difference.   Suddenly, I’m not seeing a polar bear in Alaska, but a pair of black dress shoes in the bottom of a dark closet.   The clouds floating overhead are not dark because they are heavy with rain but have just scraped away all the smog from the city and are now on their way to deposit it over the county landfill.

The tall computer tower sitting here on my desk is not packed with wires, circuit boards and widgets. It is loaded with blurry fence posts along the highway, a distant porch light across an expanse of darkness.  The candy dish isn’t colorful because the M&Ms are colorful, it is colorful because just under the lid is a magical village, where children never misplace their toys, parents never yell, and the cat always returns home in time for dinner.

Where I live is just there – in that house that looks like all the other houses, but I’ve turned off the lights and have taught myself to see in the dark.






 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I am so glad that you give us a glimpse of what's inside!