Sunday, September 29, 2024

Last Responder

 

I don’t really care to be the first on the scene.  It’s usually loud, very chaotic with everyone’s opinion being shouted over the noise.  People in a panic are normally not at their best.  Most are usually acting before thinking.

I much prefer to casually come upon the sight, camera ready, searching for the perfect shot for my blog, not really in the way of anyone, just me – walking, looking around.

I fully understand I’ll never be the hero, or even very popular, but it’s the best place and time for someone like me.  I am the stranger in the back of someone else’s photograph, just enough out of focus that you can’t really tell its me.

It isn’t that I don’t do my part.  I have volunteered for many things that others have shied away from.  In fact, I was the only one, during the World Bow & Arrow competition, to protect the target when it started raining.


That's me on the right.