Saturday, September 28, 2024

The Lady, the Moat and the Ham Sandwich

 

There is a small, dorm-size fridge in my garage.  It is there just for cans of beer.  The problem is, it gets too cold.  The beer freezes.  I can never tell which way to turn the dial.  Zero to 10.  Is ten warmer or colder.  Nothing seemed to change when I change the numbers.  Therefore, I have added a canary to the mine.   I put a plastic bottle of water in with the cans of beer.  If I see the water is still water and not ice, then I know the beer is not frozen and it won't foam up and spillover when I open it.

On a completely unrelated topic,  I discovered this book at the library.  The cool thing about this book is that each page is only printed on one side.  I've never seen that before.  I immediately went out on Amazon and bought 23 copies. 

        Here's the thing, on each blank page I write my own story.  Long story or short, doesn't matter, I've got plenty of room.  Anybody seeing multiple copies of the same book in my bookcase always says the same thing.  "You must really like that story."   Then they ask me about the story itself, The Lady, the Moat and the Ham Sandwich.  I have to be honest; I've never read it, but if you turn the book upside-down and read it from back to front, you'll get to read my stories. 





1 comment:

Pauline said...

Very Interesting - but sounds like a lot of work and kind of confusing and you could loose your place - BUT about that garage fridge.....how about a thermometer????