Wednesday, September 25, 2024

From the Backseat

 

People who never use the product should never be the ones designing it, just as the people in the backseat shouldn’t be the ones driving.

I try to keep a pen and notebook in my pocket for when I get an idea.  I can quickly jot it down and later write something for this blog.

There is a small container suspended under my kitchen counter.  It is right next to the sink. It holds liquid dish soap.  It is dark beneath the countertop and the small hole, where we pour the liquid soap in is impossible to see into.  Consequently, filling the container is 100% guess work.  You only know it is full when it overflows.  Now there is a mess to clean up.

Whoever designed this system should have stayed in the backseat.  It would be like giving someone like me a mixing bowl and a carton of fresh metaphors.  You just know I’m going to push puree.




1 comment:

Pauline said...

I totally understand! Kind of like the guy that designed the little tube that filtered water flows out of to fill your glass. Well, try to fill a water bottle and you end up wiping down the fridge, the floor and your hands. They should have made it just a little bit longer!