Wednesday, September 4, 2024

My Side

 



I expect they’ll be calling for me soon to hear my side of things.

I imagine there is a long table, with serious faces sitting along it, all facing just one chair.  Everyone waiting their turn to ask me things, like what was I doing there to begin with?

If I start explaining that - we’ll be in there all day.

"What made me think I was authorized to do what I did?"

You know, I’m not even sure I have to answer any of their questions.

I can hear something going on in there, but I can’t make out what it is.

I’m sure one of them will ask, “Didn’t you think those signs pertained to you?  What do you think they were there for?”

I wish this were already over.

What did you think would happen?

You know, if I just leave now, they’ll never know.  They can take their sweet time.  They will all think I’m still sitting out here waiting to be called in.  

I can see the exit from here.

Why do they have frosted glass in their doors?  What's that all about?







 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Go Ahead. Make a run for it. They will never see ya!