Sunday, September 15, 2024

Neighbors... what are you going to do?

 

    The coffee pot exploded this morning.  Everything started off fine.  It was making the usual noises, groans and gurgling and popping sounds, until it suddenly got strangely quiet.  It wasn't sputtering out any coffee yet, but I figured maybe it was just taking a breath.

 

Still nothing...

 

Then KA-PLOOWEY!

 

    Very hot water, plastic fragments and a sonic boom blew across the kitchen.   A broken pod bounced off the wall clock, sending the big hand North and the little hand to the floor.

 

    There wasn't much in the kitchen that wasn't dripping, including me.  My ears and the phone were ringing.  Nancy, in apartment 7G was calling to see what the explosion was.  I could barely hear her, but as she lives just on the other side of the wall, I knew who it was.

 

    "Just fixing my coffee."  I said.

 

    She said something, but it didn’t sound friendly.



 

No comments: