Thursday, August 6, 2026

Zoom - Zoom - Zoom

 

I think the reason I tend to zoom in when taking a photograph is that all too often an overall view shows me things that I’d rather not see.  Just this afternoon I was looking out of my office window and noticed a small bunny sitting on my lawn, munching on something he apparently found to be tasty. 

Unfortunately, at the same time, a hawk circling overhead caught my attention.  Suddenly I was hoping the bunny didn’t decide to move or hop to a different location, for I’m sure that would have captured the hawk’s attention.

I understand that’s all part of Nature, but I’d rather not watch it take place.  I don’t need that image in my head.  My thinking was, if I saw the hawk get any closer or start his dive towards the rabbit, I’d bang on my window and attempt to frighten the little bunny enough for him to head into the woods.  I’m sure it was only in my head that a small bunny could outmaneuver an airborne hawk, but that’s the thought I was hanging onto. 

Needless to say, much of my photography shows the close, inner workings, rather than the overall landscape of life.

 


 

 Zobostic (behind the shutter) 



 

 

 

No comments: