Thursday, August 20, 2026

Wrigley Field

 

I would love to have been a Cubs fan if I didn’t have to live in or around Chicago.  I like Grand Rapids, Michigan, but only in the summer.  Del Mar, California is fine as long as you don’t need a parking spot.  I sat in a dentist’s chair today and listened as they explained about all of the places they were going to go, and how they were financing their adventures.  Apparently, I was a big part of their plan.

Even with the addition of wheels on suitcases, I don’t travel much anymore.  I find the airlines to be rude, airports intrusive, traffic insane and snacks way too expensive.  Only to discover that once I’m at my destination, the hotel hasn’t cleaned or changed the bedspread since the Eisenhower administration.  Double Yuck! 

When I’m home, I am surrounded by a temperature that is under my control.  All the snacks I want are in the fridge and have already been paid for.  I am under no pressure to make any decisions about anything.  And should I choose to write on this Blog, I can select any topic, real or imagined without consequence.  Even if I want to play with my camera, I can take a picture of anything I see, drive to the drugstore and drop off the film and then wait for about a week to see how they came out.  Or I can just use the other camera. 

Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with the people living in or around Chicago, and I’d be hard pressed to name any of the Chicago Cubs.  I just picked that topic to open this post, but being a Cubs fan looked like it would have been fun.

 

 

         ZC

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Funner yet to be at the stage we are at! All the comfort of home and no traffic or congestion. You can travel anywhere you want to for free on YouTube!!