I wouldn’t have a
clue on how to deal with a mob mentality.
I was friends with a person for many years. Our families did things together and it was always fun. Then one day the workers went on strike at our place of employment. What I saw was shocking to me. Suddenly, as if a switch had been flipped, she announced that because I was management and she was hourly we were enemies. She was serious.
Our entire history had gone out the window. All she would ever do was to spout the rhetoric printed on the strike posters. Knowing full well that I was nothing even close to the image she was putting onto me. I went from close friend to evil tyrant and all I had done was have Rice Krispies for breakfast. I was the same, but suddenly she hated anything to do with the company, including me, her long-time friend.
I have seen enough movies to know how easily a group of people can grow into an unthinking mob. It’s scary to see how easily we can be manipulated.
At
this age, I don’t think it is the knowledge to deal with that behavior that I
lack, but the patience to tolerate the stupidity.
I’m
just saying…
No comments:
Post a Comment