There are some days I’d like to just find a spot on the shelf, along with the knick-knacks. I’d be out of the way and simply sit quietly watching all of the activity in the room take place without me.
Animated people, pushed by schedules and deadlines, all so important. How important can it be, when tomorrow they will all be back in this same room, going back and forth, here and there, watching the clock.
Meanwhile, here I sit, a beautiful miniature replica of his favorite car. Polish paint and chrome bumpers, bucket seats, always ready for action. Never stalling at intersections like his real one. Never needing gas, that he couldn’t afford, yet when he looks at me, he sees only the good times. And isn’t that the purpose of knick-knacks, to reflect the good and the fun of yesterday.
Life isn’t always
improved by motion. Sometimes stillness is the truest form of participation.
1 comment:
Stillness can be healing and thought provoking. However some brains keep thinking of all the things they could be doing so my stillness times are kind of short.
Post a Comment