My pocket comb needed cleaning. Thinking I would not only clean it but sterilize it as well, I dropped it into boiling water. When you see the warnings – Don’t Try This at Home, it is me, at who those warning are aimed. It didn’t occur to me that the thing would melt. Now my head would need to be a completely different shape for this comb to function as intended.
Looking at the chain reaction this faux pas started, I discovered nobody makes my favorite type of comb anymore. What is now available is shorter and more expensive. A costly lesson indeed.
I could possibly tape two of the shorter combs together, to achieve the desired length, but failing to have a connection that was 100% aligned, could mean the part in my hair might run from East to West instead of North to South, not to mention being twice as expensive.
When in doubt as to
how to solve a problem, I tend to seek those smarter than myself.


No comments:
Post a Comment