Friday, August 21, 2026

Ginny

 

I knew her to be Ginny, or Aunt Ginny.  Although not my true Aunt.  According to other family members, her name was quite appropriate, for her affection for the beverage was never hidden.  Not really considered an alcoholic, as her constant consumption never appeared to phase her.  She was never drunk, never slurred her words or lost her train of thought.  Aunt Ginny was always sharp as a tack and in charge.

Perhaps the most outspoken person I’d ever met.  A no nonsense personality, to say the least.  I remember asking someone what kind of upbringing she had, and with a slight grin they said she would correct her teachers and she’d be right.  She never bought a television, didn’t jump onto the computer craze, but read her newspaper from front to back every morning.

She would never side with a political party or attend a PTA meeting.  She enjoyed the grandchildren but was always vocal when it was time for them to leave.  I always thought that if I were to write a book, she would make a great character.

 

        

            ZC

No comments: