Saturday, August 1, 2026

A Shared Difference


I find your beliefs to be askew and your thoughts irrational, and yet we share this planet and this culture, so I say nothing, avoiding confrontation and disharmony.

        Still, I wonder how can it be that we were exposed to the same data, within the same environment and for an equal time period.  How can our thinking be so separated?

        We are both plants being watered from the same faucet, yet your flowers are yellow and mine green.  My roots extend deep into the soil while yours remain shallow.

        We are cars rolling off of the same assembly line, built by the same workers, experiencing the same noise and being charted on similar clipboards, yet you have power windows and mine are the old-fashioned hand crank.

        It must be by design that our thoughts fall to opposite sides of an issue, mine being right and yours unfortunate.

 

     Ha Ha...

    ZC
    I have the pen.