Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Not her first rodeo.

 


    I picked a table I thought would have the best unobstructed view of the passing boats.  When they brought my lunch, my friend here, landed on the rail next to me.  At first, I thought it was cool and I snapped his picture.

    I had assumed they only ate fish but when I started to munch on my French fries, she hopped to the edge of my table and watched me for a moment.  I held a fry between my thumb and finger and offered her a bite.  I was more than amazed when she took it and swallowed it without even chewing.  

    I immediately felt stupid, realizing - of course they don't chew, they haven't any teeth.  Right after I took another fry from the plate and started to eat it, she helped herself by picking one from the plate herself, no longer waiting for me to offer her one.  People at the other tables seemed to be entertained, while a few were giving me dirty looks for feeding potatoes to a bird.





No comments: