Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Not from what I've seen.

 

Just watching it rain.  No longer questioning why the raindrops are clear and yet they turn the grass green.  Not even considering from how high up the drops have fallen but simply watching.  There was a time when I would contemplate the change in volume.  The harder it rained the louder it would get.  That kind of made sense, but for today, I’m just looking out at the water falling from the sky.

Presently nobody is standing outside looking back at me.  There are no people in my yard.  So why is it, if I go into my Livingroom and watch the same rainstorm on television, I’ll see a weather person standing out in it.  Why do they feel compelled to act like it is something new?  Are they really that stupid?  Do they think their ratings will improve if they make it look more dramatic? (Zoom in on that puddle)

I’ve heard it said that turkeys sometimes look up when it is raining and in doing so, some drown.  I’m thinking the application for weatherperson should ask right up front, Are you smarter than a turkey?




No comments: