Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Against the Tide

 

It's a smirk, people.  She is not beautiful.  I cannot blindly follow the crowd.  It is a stupid smirk.  Mona Lisa is simply a plain-looking person with a goofy expression.

I have seen a painting of a cello more amazing than Lisa.  Just standing in front of it made me feel the music, the depth of the notes, the purity of the sound.  There were no obvious brush strokes, no heavy-handed lighting or roped off gallery display.  It made me wish I knew how to play a cello. 

I understand completely that mine is not the popular view.  I just know beauty when it is in front of me, and I can tell when I’m supposed to be swayed by the opinion of the crowd, but I can’t do it.  It’s not a smile, or grin – it’s a silly smirk on a plain-looking girl.

 Sorry if you're related to her, but that's my opinion.





 

 

 

 

 

No comments: