Thursday, October 3, 2024

A Real Stretch

  

Last Thursday we had a man come in and stretch out the bumps in our carpet.  Although I don’t really know how the bumps got there, the bumps just somehow developed.  At first it was a simple annoyance to step over them but as they grew, they became hurdles.  We, as well as the cat, would have to get a running start down the hall to get up and over them.

The carpet guy was right on time and was instantly likeable.  Although he was a talker, he wasn’t just jabbering.  He was very knowledgeable in a variety of subjects.

In the short time he was here, I got an education about carpet, carpet stretching, diets and recipes, how to dry foods for storge and vitamins verses minerals.   He talked about the problem with carpeted stairs, his work history, his neighbors and his mother.

At one point I thought I was listening to a detective.  Just by looking at the wear patterns on our carpet he described our living habits down to a tee.

I never even knew there were carpet bump guys.  I don’t recall it ever being mentioned during career day in high school.  I am still amazed by the volume of knowledge he had.  I would have thought his repartee to be more gossip-like, after his many years of coming face-to-face with all the things people sweep under the rug.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Hummmmm, you got a good one. I had a carpet bump guy once and he was really quiet. Guess he was all talked out.