Monday, October 7, 2024

At the Movies

 

I’m sitting in a movie theatre.  The ceiling lights are still on, and people are coming in and finding their seats.  These are the newer, more modern seats.  They recline and have cup holders.  As I sit there, waiting for the lights to go off and the movie to begin, I notice the thick, red curtains in front of the movie screen.  That is a lot of material.  Come to think of it, I have never seen any other color than red.  I wonder why.  Is there just one place that supplies all movie theatres with the things they need?  Is there a technical reason for the color?

Now the kids are hiding in the kitchen from the dinosaurs but I’m still wondering about the curtains.  They must be awfully heavy.  I know they are remote-control, the guy in the projection booth probably operates them.  I don’t think that Jeep could out-run a dinosaur.  Those are some giant steps.  I think I’ll Google it when I get home.  Why red curtains.




No comments: