Saturday, March 2, 2024

They really are the longest

 

She said it was the tallest tree ever.  I, of course, said it certainly would seem like it if we were ants and had to walk its length.  She just gave me one of those looks and said I was being difficult.

Driving home later that day, I pointed to the car radio and asked her why all the bad songs seemed the longest.  She didn’t answer right away but then turned down the volume and asked me why I would ever think of us as ants.

My first thought was wow!  She’s spent a lot of time thinking about my ant comment. 

I tried to explain that I wasn’t thinking of us as ants, but of just how long the walk would be to get to the top of the tree, if we were ants.

She didn’t respond, so I added that the danger of being seen by some ant-eating bird would increase the higher up the tree we got.  She just looked at me and then turned the radio volume back up.


The bad song was still on.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not easy being an ant, you are absolutely right. And those bad songs are longer cuz they don't sell as many as the good songs and need more exposure time. So True.