Saturday, March 2, 2024

Shhhhh !

 

I wish that when I entered grade school someone had asked me what was on my bucket list.

I’m sure that question would have led to an exhaustive conversation about life, growing up as a human being, and all the various choices that would be made along the way.

I believe that conversation would have better prepared me for life than eventually being forced to memorize the names of presidents, the dates of various wars or the correct spelling of whatever it was.

I had the misfortune of attending a public school system run by well intentioned morons.   It was indeed a rare occasion when an instructor stepped beyond the prescribed curriculum.

  Why was it, the book assigned for the class to read was almost always one written by the instructor?

Fortunately, my quest for knowledge extended far beyond the locker-lined walls of the institution.  I stumbled upon the public library.  An amazing collection of facts, opinions, truths, and all for the low, low price of free.

I strongly recommend to all grade-school teachers, they take their class on a field trip to the public library.




zc



 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best suggestion ever!!