Friday, March 22, 2024

FedEx

 

    I wrote this while waiting for a FedEx delivery.  Their first estimate said I would receive the package by 1:20 PM.  I was very hopeful.

    At 1:15 PM they changed their delivery estimate to 3 PM.  I was beginning to have some concern.  This was not a holiday, it was not raining or snowing.  There was no traffic to speak of and all their website said was, out for delivery.

    As I sit typing this, I can see out of the front window.  I will see them coming down the road and hopefully see them turn into my driveway.  I hate waiting.

    At the time of this writing, the 1:20 PM as well as the 3 PM deadline has long past.  My refreshing beverage is now a memory, the little snack bowl on my desk is empty and the clock is still ticking.

    I checked their website again and it still said, out for delivery.  Nothing about how far away, or when a new delivery time would be set.  Just, out for delivery.

    Not my idea of customer service.  Don’t they realize how much stress would be relieved simply by keeping the customer informed?  How difficult would that be? 


    “Hey Customer, sorry, but we’re running late.  There was an accident on Main Street and our driver stopped to provide first aid.  There were smashed and twisted cars everywhere.  Fire had broken out and people were screaming, but your package is important to us, so as soon as we can get a replacement driver out to the crash site, and relocate all of the packages to a fresh vehicle, we’ll be on our way.  Your original driver, unfortunately suffered 3rd degree burns and minor lacerations when he threw himself on your package in order to protect it."

 

Thank You

 

FedEx

 

No comments: