Thursday, March 21, 2024

Part of the Problem

 

    Charlie, a guy from our lawn service, said we need to water the granules he spread on the lawn in order to activate them.  "They will fertilize and reduce the weed population."

    We tried to explain to Charlie that the chemicals leach into the soil and eventually work their way down into the water table, and then into our drinking water.  Not good for the environment or us.

    Charlie then asked me to lift my arms so my hands are level with my shoulders.  When I did, he walked around me, visually inspecting me.  When he was once again in front he said, “Not a single weed.  The stuff works.”

    Well, I couldn’t argue with that logic.  The man was right.  I have been drinking this tap water for years now, and I’ve never had a single weed grow on me.

    Apparently my thinking has been the problem all along.








1 comment:

Pauline said...

OK Now - this one made me Laugh Out Loud!! He's got a point:)