Friday, March 29, 2024

In Review

 

I’m glad I wasn’t born a barnacle who doesn’t like salt water, or who couldn’t hold their breath very long.  I’m happy not to be a railroad spike who’s on the wrong track.  There are so many things I’m glad I’m not or didn’t become.

My choices were very limited, based on my skill and ability.  I couldn’t dunk a basketball or a doughnut.  I couldn’t carry a gun or a tune.  I wasn’t born into royalty or have a trust-fund or mattress to fall back on.   I have a face for radio and a build that couldn’t cast a shadow.

Technology and time has passed me by.  I find the glamor of Hollywood to be quite tarnished, and television to be ruined by greed.  It is a very rare occasion I find a book worth reading.  In fact, the more I look around, the more I believe I have become that unfortunate barnacle struggling to hold its breath in a sea of saltwater.


Z. Corwin



 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Hummmm, very thought provoking!