Friday, October 26, 2012

So What's With The Hat?



I don’t remember her name.  In fact, I didn’t even meet her until much later in life.  She had been married and had one daughter.  The only reason I knew this is because they were working at the same place when I met them.


It had been an ugly, nasty divorce; both sides saying things, harsh, mean-spirited things.  Possessions and friends were divided, keepsakes damaged and feelings hurt.  Whatever love there was had been completely lost in the flurry of accusations.

            The lawyers, I’m sure, were the only survivors of this painful event.  It had left her with a very bitter feeling towards men.  I don’t believe I would be too far off saying that she actually hated all men. 
 
           You could hear her feelings surface in general conversations no matter who she was talking with.  Somehow her agitation level had never tapered off.  This was simply who she was now; a very hurt and angry lady, who at this late stage in life had to rejoin the workforce to keep things going.

 

            Unfortunately I did not know any of this.  My encounter happened on a Saturday.  I was in need of a haircut and her little sign was lit up:

 

 

            Walk-ins Welcome






1 comment:

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.