Monday, October 22, 2012

More a Warning than Selling Point

 
 
            When walking in the forest one of the first things I notice is the absolute quiet.  The moment I stop walking and the crunch, crunch, crunch of underfoot leaves and twigs stops, there is nothing but my own breathing and maybe, just maybe the whisper of a slight breeze tickling the backsides of leaves - just enough to make them giggle.
 
            So imagine my surprise when I discovered the hardwood floors throughout my house were made from Squeakwood Trees up in the Thunderous Mountains, in Areyouawakeyet County.  Each and every step alerts the entire household that you are up and walking around, including the cat who immediately thinks its time to get up and make noise of his own.
 
            I can’t help but wonder what a walk in the woods sounds like in Areyouawakeyet, where everything around is Squeakwood.  Just the noise from scampering squirrels would be heard for miles.  And running deer… forget about it.
 
            I only mention this so you’ll know when shopping for your next house.
 
            “Hardwood floors throughout…”


No comments: