Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cog Webs


My ability to think has run amuck

my cognition, one could say

is somewhat stuck –

 

Some suggest I reconnoiter –

but my think is out of order

 

Cuz the webs inside my head

have got me stuck.

 

You may think it’s not as bad

as all of that –

 

But I don’t know where I stand

or where I’ve sat –

 

It affects my taste buds too

I can’t tell the things I chew

 

I don’t know a porter-house

from someone’s hat.

 

With a feather duster

blue as morning skies

through my ear

I’ll spin it back behind my eyes

 

It will clear away the cobs

the part of me that seems a slob

leave the truth behind

but take away the lies.

 

It’s the only way

That I can clear my head

If the process doesn’t leave me

somewhat dead –

 

Then again I will cog-nite

what is there before my sight

and share aloud the silly things

that I have read.

 

No comments: