Sunday, October 4, 2026

Meanwhile

 

I am always surprised when I sit down to write but nothing comes to me.  As vast and complex as this universe is, and as crowded as our planet has become, you’d think I’d never run out of gibberish, and yet – here I sit, writing about the fact that nothing springs to mind.

Maybe while we are waiting for me to get an inspiration, I'll share a riddle with you.  There is this young girl, working in a candy store.   Her name is Roberta.  She has dark hair that always has a blue ribbon in it.  She is five feet, six inches tall and has two brothers, both are on the high school wrestling team.  She is very pretty and friendly to all of the customers.  What do you suppose she weighs?

Try to figure it out, don’t just scroll to the end looking for the answer.  If you have already figured it out, then you are probably way too advanced for the level of my gibberish.  You may want to move on to a more sophisticated periodical, perhaps The Onion, or The Upstart Crow.  I do believe, however, that I am a couple rungs above The San Diego Reader.

I would avoid anything associated with newspapers or journalism, as the amount of tarnish on their reputation is beyond restoration.  OK, fine, I have procrastinated long enough.  Of course, the girl working in the candy store spends most of her time weighing candy.  Now see… wasn’t that worth waiting for?  PS, making reference to The Upstart Crow being a periodical was a diversionary tactic, designed to slow you down.  

 

 

ZC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: