Thursday, October 1, 2026

More Stray Thoughts

 

I noticed that as I grew, I got further and further away from my feet.  Initially, that didn’t seem to be an issue, but now that I’m 79 years away, reaching them is rather difficult.  So, I’m wondering if that was a very smart plan and what else might be worth examining?

 

Here's one.  The Doctor administers the yearly wellness check, which consists of him saying three words at the beginning of the appointment and at the end of our session I am to repeat those same three words.  That test tells him that I am fit to once again be released into the wild.  Considering for the moment that in order to get myself to the appointment, I got myself up, showered and shaved, had breakfast and then proceeded to drive my stick-shift through downtown traffic, obeying all the laws of the road while displaying the general courtesies to the other drivers.  Then, circled his building several times until a parking spot opened up, fed the correct change into the meter and once inside, signed his little clipboard and took a seat, never once commenting that he was running 40 minutes late, and because I remembered apple, chair and ball, I'm good to go?   

 

ZC

No comments: