Tuesday, July 21, 2026

You might not believe this, but...

 

Yesterday I noticed an earthworm grabbing the edge of my lawn with both hands and pulling it up snug around his neck, as if my lush green grass were a blanket and he was trying to keep warm. 

Just across the way I noticed a crane playing statue at the edge of the lake.  She was hoping a passing fish would mistake her leg for just another reed and the moment it came by would be right at lunch.  Obviously, the crane was more patient than I was, for I was standing on two feet and had already grown weary of waiting. 

I’ve often thought it might be fun to be a mischievous off-key note and just wander about in the orchestra pit, showing up in random places, at inopportune times.  Many don’t appreciate my humor.  In fact, you’ve hung in longer than most.  I’m not sure what that says about you…

 

 

 ZC

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I'm as patient as a crane!