Wednesday, July 22, 2026

I'm the Chump

 

        Neither the Cedar blocks, nor the mothballs have deterred Lois.  Yes, I have named the squirrel.  She continues to gnaw and construct her winter home just inches from the headboard of our bed.   Based on a reliable source, I have abandoned the plastic owl plan.  Also, on good advice, I have refrained from using Old Betsy, the 12 Gauge shotgun that my Grandfather employed for just such a purpose.   What I have done is gone high-tech.

       I have tapped into an electrical cord in the attic.  I have assembled and installed an electrical outlet, into which I have plugged an Electronic Pest Repeller.  No Poisons, No chemicals, and No traps.  Repels up to 500 square feet.  Satisfaction Guaranteed.  $8.97 USA

SAFE FOR USE AROUND

CHILDREN, DOGS, & CATS.

       As I understand it, this gizmo emits an annoying sound, heard only by those critters that you wish to be rid of.  I am unaware if it is high-pitched rap music, or highbrow opera.  I am sure Claudia's guess would be Janis Joplin.  In any case, the maker of such an instrument must surely have a gold mine in these things.  You buy it, plug it into an outlet, and it does absolutely nothing distinguishable.  It doesn't light up, or provide heat.  It supposedly sends out a sound that can't be heard by humans, and or their pets.  It doesn't even make the room smell better.

 

       It scares me sometimes at just how gullible a situation, or set of circumstances can make me.   On the other hand, it must be working because I don't hear it.

 

 

   I'm just wondering how I'll know when it's broken.

 

 

 

         ZC

No comments: