Tuesday, July 28, 2026

...and then it's gone

 

There is a reason they don’t call it a fungus pizza.  They tend to sell more when they say, pizza with mushrooms.   Just as Hospice sound gentler than death squad.  A large part of this blog is selecting the right words to use.  Much of the time I get it wrong.  There may have been a better choice out there but at the moment I just want to get my idea down on paper before it is gone.

        My mind is very much like an Etch-a-sketch.  It doesn’t take much movement and that thought gets erased.  I thought at one point of wearing a neck brace, thinking that might assist in holding my head still.  But then there is that whole thing about leaning forward to sip my coffee.  A brace would interfere with that, and without my coffee, who knows what I could end up writing about?  

        If I look at this as an inability to focus, I might start imagining myself with all sorts of isms or what-have-you’s.  I’m already close enough to the rubber room, I don’t need to help it along.  Which gets me to wonder if there is anyone else out there spending their time writing down each and every thought, for years at a time, and plastering them in cyberspace for all to see?  Is this weird, or what?

 

        Maybe I’m not shaking my head enough.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Nah! You are doing a fine job keeping us all on our toes and very entertained!