Long before I started this Blog, I wrote articles for my small band of friends, it was called, Sunday Morning. I came across an old copy of one a few moments ago and thought I'd share it with you.
Hello Fun Seekers,
It’s almost official, which is to say, it is getting real close to not quite springtime. There have been a few days up into the 40’s and the snow has begun to recede up onto the lawn and away from the warmth of the driveway.
I understand that may not mean to much to those of you living out along the coastline of this Email transmission, but for the rest of us, it is the spark of hope that we have been waiting and watching for since that last Christmas present was opened.
Bulky winter coats will go back into the cedar closet, replaced by light windbreakers. The snow thrower will swap places with the lawn mower and hearty soups will take a back seat to burnt things on the bar-b-q.
Neighbors, who for the past several months held a shovel in one hand while waving a mitten of hello with the other, will soon step freely out of their houses, take a deep breath, smelling the young tulips adorning their gardens, pick up their morning paper and greet the day with a smile.
Yeah, right. I may have carried that a little too far. They will still be here in Detroit, still governed by idiots, and that lame excuse for a paper will tell them how low their property values have fallen. Nonetheless, it will soon be spring: a time when we seem to come back to life. We will open the house up, let the warm breeze flow through and maybe even drag the garden hose out and wash the cars.
Dandelions
will festoon the yards and there is sure to be some new insect infestation
plaguing us. One year it was ladybugs,
then grasshoppers, flying ants, spiders, and then one year some weird stinky
baby worms. Once it was some moth or
something that threatened to eat all the trees, then it was the dreaded
mosquitoes carrying the west Nile virus.
My God, this place is something else.
And the deer ticks, goodness, you can’t forget the deer ticks.
I’ll be glad
when its winter again, and I can just sit inside and watch movies. Now that’s fun.
Admit One
The Way We Were
I am Zobostic Corwin
and this is Sunday Morning
©
No comments:
Post a Comment