There is comfort in not knowing, so if you’re looking for comfort – that is where you’ll find it. The room is dark and yet we still walk through it, knowing at any moment we could encounter a table or footstool. Wild animals without conscience can kill us and still we pass through the jungle, where their eyes focus more intently than ours on everything that moves.
We sit, pencil in hand, ready to take the exam, knowing full well we didn’t prepare. Have we resigned ourselves at this point to allow fate to take control? Have we simply given up? “It’s OK, I can suffer an encounter with a footstool and survive. It’s not that bad.” “I do not believe it is my destiny to be eaten by a lion.” “If I fail this course, I’ll just change my major.”
The part we never see
coming is when it is the footstool that eats you. You don’t simply stub your toe, you fall headfirst,
hitting your head on the edge of the table.
Suddenly your ride has ended.
Ignorance was only disguised as comfort.
Stupidity was hiding just behind the mask of bravery, and you have
failed the test.
1 comment:
🤓
Post a Comment