Friday, August 16, 2024

It's a Math Thing

 

Every now and then I read about some person who is extremely good at math.  They usually have highfalutin Jobs or are associated with some think tank.  Had I been that good at math I think I would have, at an early age, calculated the exact number of words I have in my head.  That way I would have known which of these posts to leave out.  I wouldn’t have wasted so many words.

Perhaps, I could have figured out, right to the last punctuation, where this blog will end.  I mean, really… I can’t just keep writing on this thing forever.  It does have to have an end.  So, calculating the perfect place to end it would have been fun.  No left-over words, no more excessive commas sprinkled around. Think about it…

We’ve all seen movies where the director should have ended the thing, but let it go on and on.  Not only do they let the movie drag on, but then they decide to make a sequel.  Wheeling Rocky out on a gurney for one last come-back.  I don’t think so.    In fact, this post has gone on long enough.

But while I'm thinking about it, let me just say, the best ending to a movie was Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid.  The director had the genius to stop the action but let the music continue.  Brilliant.  






No comments: