Saturday, August 24, 2024

Hebrew National

 

It was going to be Italian night, so not only did I start by making my own sauce, but I also told Alexa to play only Italian music.  She opened with the classic opera, Fettuccine, as only Chianti could sing it.

I put a large pot of water on the back burner to heat up for the angel hair pasta, while I chopped fresh onions.  The kitchen was beginning to smell wonderful.

La Traviata, by Squeegee came on next.  I wanted to sing along but didn’t really know the words, or Italian.   After the onion, I cut up Italian sausage.  My spices were lined up along the counter, but the thing that kept getting my attention was the large wheel of cheese.  I cut off a slice of cheese and poured myself a glass of wine.  It seemed like a good place to take a break.

The cheese was excellent and while I enjoyed my break, I listened to La boheme.  Well, that only put me in the mood to watch Moon Struck, so I stopped Alexa and put Moon Struck in the DVD player.  By the time Cher was walking down the street kicking the can in her red heels, I was on my third glass of wine, and second wedge of cheese.

When I woke up, Cher had a new fiancé, their toast was over and my desire to keep cooking had passed.  I plopped a hotdog in the pot of boiling water and opened a can of Bush's beans.


Salute 



No comments: