Saturday, August 24, 2024

From both sides now

 

The distance up to that passing cloud seems like quite a hike.  If I didn’t have a fear of heights, I’d go for it.   I can’t really tell from here how fast it is going.  I haven’t got any point of reference, so I’m guessing I couldn’t walk a straight line up to it.  I would have to walk at some calculated angle to compensate for its direction of travel.

None of this, however, takes footwear type into account.  Boots would be too heavy and only add to my fight against gravity.  Flip-flops and slippers are out of the question.  For one thing, I can’t stand those flip-flops that have that piece of rubber between your toes.  That would drive me nuts.  Not sure who came up with that design, but I hate it.

Should this adventure be successful, what do I do once I’m there?  I doubt sitting down to rest would be an option.  The other consideration is all the things we don’t see from down here looking up.  You hear about this from the people taking rides in hot-air balloons.  Floating spider webs, complete with spiders.  Bugs of all sorts flying around.  You’ll want to keep your mouth closed.

Maybe I’ll rethink this whole thing.

 

 

 

 

No comments: