Monday, August 17, 2026

Monday Morning Thoughts

 

I think we should have talking mailboxes.  Every day greeting the postman with, “Hello (your name here) How are you today?”  Maybe each day of the week a different greeting.  Not enough to slow them down, but just enough to brighten their day.  Possibly even a one-liner.

 

I noticed when walking along the frozen food aisle, that as I came up to each individual cabinet the light would come on, so I could see the display.  The light automatically went out on the cabinets I had already gone by.  I think big cities should do this for all of their back alleys.  No longer would there be places for muggers and crooks to hide, putting an end to shenanigans.

 

I think the general public should be able to sue any politician who fails to deliver on his or her campaign promises.  If you don’t mean it – don’t say it.  It’s the Law.

 

I have reached the end of the coffee within my mug.  A sad event, to be sure.  For without that occasional sip, these gems would not spring forth.  Then where would we be?  A writer with nothing to write is just a guy holding an empty mug.  Hardly picture worthy.

 

 

 ZC

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I love your mailbox/mailperson note idea! I think I will type or write something and tape it inside for them tomorrow! It will brighten their day for sure. Also, the garbage guys.... it's a thankless job and I'll bet no one ever says, "THANKS GUYS"!!