Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Music was Rey gay

 

It was early August.  I had not received any communication from my counterpart. This was never a good sign.  It said shoplifter’s will be prosecuted.  I wasn’t in the habit of shoplifting, but if I wanted to get the inside scoop, I was going to have to get myself on the inside.

 

I waited until the clerk was looking right at me, that’s when I slipped the Zagnut into the pocket of my jacket.  He didn’t say anything, just kept staring.  A lady with a loud orange flower in her hat walked up to the counter.  I noticed she placed her item directly into the clerk’s hand.  Without moving his gaze off of me, he lifted the item up in front of the scanner.  The scanner dinged and then a mechanical voice read the price aloud.

 

Of course, the clerk was blind.  That’s why he hadn’t said anything about the Zagnut.   He then asked the lady to turn her music down so he could hear the scanner.  She reached up to her hat and rotated her flower a little to the left.  The music stopped.  He thanked her, and then scanned the item again.  Surprisingly, the mechanical voice said, “It’s still $3.29”

 

I had to get out of there.  I tossed the Zagnut back onto the candy counter.  Just then a hand grabbed my arm from behind.

 

“Come-on Pal, you’re going with me.”

 

Quickly I craned my neck back to see who it was.  A large, burley cop was the one presently stopping the circulation in my right arm.  His name tag said. Burley.

 

“Just what do you think you’re doing, anyway?”

 

I was putting a Zagnut onto the candy counter.  I changed my mind about buying it.

“That’s not what it looked like to me.”

 

What do you thing I was doing?

 

“Listen Bud, nobody goes into a store and leaves things.  How do I know what else you’ve left around here?”

 

You’re bonkers.

 

Unlike the lady with the loud hat, this guy had no sense of humor.  He put me into the backseat of his squad car, and we drove in silence to the station.



To be continued



 

 

 

No comments: