Monday, January 11, 2021

Assumes facts not in evidence


Objection your honor, he’s speaking lawyer. I was told we wouldn’t be doing that.

 

Over-ruled, and who told you that?

 

Um.. I don’t recall.

 

If it please the court, I intend to show that Phillip Marlow did in fact enter The Sometimes Y, and willfully modify the meaning of a key sentence for this very trial.  Records will show that at precisely 11 something the side door was breached, and the silent alarm was silenced.   Furthermore, traces of vowels were found on the defendant’s shoes.  I’d like to enter these photographs as exhibits A and B.

 

Objection!  Those could be anyone’s vowels.  How do we know those came from The Sometimes Y?

 

This court will take a recess for one hour to study the evidence.  I am familiar with 25 letters of the alphabet, but I don’t know Y.






No comments: