Thursday, November 7, 2019

The Projects


         I was walking through the projects the other day when I noticed that a lot of them had been abandoned.  It was like walking around the inside an old cardboard box that was someone’s lost and found department. 

            I ran across a little courage.  It appeared to be lacking muster. I know, because I myself have had to muster up a little courage before and this one truly needed a little more mustering.   (Mustering being more of an art than a science).

            It wasn’t far from there that I noticed a head of steam. Obviously someone had tried to build it up and failed.  I didn’t know why and then it dawned on me.  I hadn’t seen any encouragement.  Where was all the encouragement?  Whoever had started this project apparently had some but woefully lacked the ability to solicit more.

            Seeing all of this was becoming depressing.  I wanted to leave the projects and get on to other things but just then I stumbled across something.  I bent down and brushed away the dust and dirt and that’s when I saw it.  At first all I could see was a corner of it but it was enough for me to recognize what it was.   It was momentum.  Someone had lost it. 

            I began to understand why they were called The Projects.  They were feeble attempts; fragmented beginnings build on schemes and lacked the stable foundations and supports pitched at the right attitude.

            As I walked away I noticed a few pros hanging around the corner of the Writer’s Block.   It was a good time to be getting out of there.




                 Now I shall go and attend to this day and will be thankful that I am not in Cleveland.




 ZC





No comments: