Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Perhaps something with hot wings

 

My thoughts are way too confined within this room.  It seems everything high school failed to teach me is outside.  It is my own stupidity keeping me from finding the key to this door.  

Had I the schematic for this crowbar I might learn its function and with that, escape.  But alas, what good is a crowbar against a locked door or window?  It is a mighty window allowing a view of all knowledge, including my garden and the solar system.  Surely, a view way too powerful for my insignificance, yet I'd still like to be alive within it. 

Besides my quest for knowledge this confinement sits on my thoughts, while a clock announces my inevitable demise.   Ticks slowly turn into calendar pages rapidly falling to the floor.  But no, I should concentrate - rather than dwell upon my fate.  I should loiter at the window, hoping for inspiration.

The sunlight catches a glimpse of a spider’s web.  She has been busy, for it appears complex, and was not here just yesterday.  Captive, like myself, she remains within this space, on this side of the window.  Her thoughts, however, are not of escape, but of lunch.





1 comment:

Pauline said...

Ummm, Something Tasty I Hope!