Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Morning Light

 

Unaware of the activity within the room, I begin to construct my web.  The sunlight striking this window will surely attract those who may have overslept.  I am hungry, but I shouldn’t let that distract me from my duties.  This corner of the window is perfect, I can affix three sides securely, and fill this net with straight lines as well as angles.  I mustn’t slow down.  The warmth of the sun is growing.

I notice now that all the while there has been some human muttering, walking back and forth, seemingly annoyed at something.  Whatever, I cannot be bothered, my web is elaborate and sturdy.  There is no wind on this side of the window, which is good, but also no breeze to nudge any passers-by into my trap.  The food supply is great just outside, but so is the cold.  I chose to stay here.

The human has stopped and now peers down upon my handiwork.  He admires my web, as he should.  I must admit it is quite impressive.  I will back up into this corner and wait.  I could use the rest.  He now will be my entertainment, him, and his crowbar.




No comments: